Monday, May 18, 2026

Raymond van Barneveld relocates to Milton Keynes in bid to revive darts career

May 18, 2026
1 min read
Raymond van Barneveld relocates to Milton Keynes in bid to revive darts career

Raymond van Barneveld relocates to the UK in career revival attempt

Raymond van Barneveld is packing his bags for England in a bold bid to turn around his faltering darts career, reports BritPanorama.

The five-time world champion, 59, is relocating to a spacious five-bedroom property in Milton Keynes alongside his girlfriend Julia. This significant move comes as the Dutch legend has slipped to 38th in the PDC world rankings after a difficult period on the oche.

Barney will collect the keys to his new home on May 26, yet he insists it won’t be a permanent farewell to his homeland. “People don’t need to worry that I’m gone for good,” he told Dutch outlet NU.nl. “My children feared that too. I’ll shuttle between The Hague and England every few weeks.”

The Dutchman has been candid about his struggles, describing his form as “completely lost” in recent months. “Compare me to a footballer,” Van Barneveld explained. “He gets injured, recovers, makes his comeback in the reserves, and slowly returns to the first team. Well, I’m chronically injured, especially mentally, and I can’t recover. Right now it’s incredibly tough for me.”

Following his participation in the Players Championship events in Leicester, the former postman plans to step away from the circuit until September. “I’ll still pick a few, but I’m going to skip multiple tournaments,” he said. “Carrying on like this makes no sense whatsoever. Not even if it costs me the World Championship.”

Relocating to Milton Keynes offers practical advantages for the 59-year-old, as most PDC events occur in Britain. The closer proximity to the venue hosting floor tournaments means he can access competitions much more easily than before.

Julia is also pleased with the location, benefiting from central London being just 25 minutes away by public transport. Additionally, Van Barneveld is partnering with a new management company, Invictus Darts Management, working closely with Steve Mottershead, who previously guided his old rival Phil Taylor.

“Steve said recently: your head belongs on darts’ Mount Rushmore. You’re one of the four faces of the sport,” Van Barneveld revealed. This affirmation could provide the motivation needed as he seeks to regain his footing in the sport.

Despite ongoing mental challenges and disappointing results, Van Barneveld remains determined to continue in darts, aiming to shape his career on his own terms. “Because I don’t want to be remembered as the wall of complaints,” he said. “I want to win tournaments.” The six-time PDC major winner continues to believe that a turnaround could happen at any moment, although he notes that opponents seem to elevate their performance against him. The sport, as ever, remains a complex arena where the past and future collide, much like the darts themselves.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't Miss

Gerwyn Price suggests Premier League Darts format overhaul with WWE-style "Royal Rumble" event

Gerwyn Price suggests Premier League Darts format overhaul with WWE-style “Royal Rumble” event

Gerwyn Price proposes overhaul of Premier League Darts format Gerwyn Price has
Scottie Scheffler attributes PGA Championship loss to putting struggles as Aaron Rai claims title

Scottie Scheffler attributes PGA Championship loss to putting struggles as Aaron Rai claims title

Scottie Scheffler struggles with putting at PGA Championship Scottie Scheffler admitted his